Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:43:35 -0500
On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 03:50:42PM +0530, Madhav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RPC2_NewBinding to server localhost.localdomain failed with RPC2_NOBINDING

Bad Redhat installation again, gethostname/getdomainname return rubbish,
please fix your host.domain names in /etc/sysconfig/network, after that
it should work fine. (Hopefully, bad stuff might have ended up in some
places)

> I have another doubt like whether we should have a seperate partition each
> for vicepa,RVM and LOG.

Not necessary for any initial test setup, having the RVM log on a
separate _disk_ from the RVM data would be useful for a heavily loaded
server to avoid heavy disk trashing during the RVM truncation phase.