Coda File System

newbie question

From: Madhav <msp_at_srasys.co.in>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:50:42 +0530
Hi,

I have run into this problem while installing codaserver in my 6.1
redhat(kernel 2.1.12) box.
When I tried the last step under setting an SCM server which goes like this
"createvol-rep rootvolume E0000100 /vicepa"
I got the following message.

[root_at_server1 /root]# createvol_rep rootvolume E0000100 /vicepa
Servers are (server1 )
HexGroupId is 7F000001
creating volume rootvolume.0 on server1
V_BindToServer: binding to host localhost.localdomain
RPC2_NewBinding to server localhost.localdomain failed with RPC2_NOBINDING
(F)
Failure to make volume on server1!. Abort..

Can anybody suggest me as to what I can do?? I already tried it twice. both
times I got the
same message  got another doubt as to whether I should run this command or
not because it was
given under netBSD heading.
I have another doubt like whether we should have a seperate partition each
for vicepa,RVM and LOG.
Actually I just created these dirs under / and proceeded this far.

thanks in advance.
Madhav