Coda File System

Coda 5.3.5 with db-3.0.55

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:50:20 +0000
I've been using coda-5.3.5 on a Debian Linux system with the
new glibc-2.1.3 libraries, which have a lot of difficulties with
libdb.  (For example, if I just compile and link coda against
the default libraries, auth2 cannot read the prot_users data base
created by pdbtool.)  As a way round this, I've tried to compile
and link against Berkeley db-3.0.55, which itself seems solid
enough.  Unfortunately this doesn't contain the function dbopen
which configure uses to check which version of db is being used.

Has anyone managed to compile coda-5.3.5 against these libraries?
Alternatively, has anyone else experienced the db problem and
found an easier way out?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk