Coda File System

Re: vserver+coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:13:18 -0400
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:14:49AM +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:39:31AM +0300, Hakan Avci wrote:
> > First,I 'm new member of mail list and say hello to all:) briefly I have
> > 3 vserver on one machine.Installed coda-server on first vserver and
> > installed coda-client other 2 vserver.When I started 2 coda-client,first
> > coda-client started but second coda-client returned an error.
>
> If you need to access Coda from several chroot-ed environments,
> your best bet might be to bind-mount Coda in the corresponding places,
> still running exactly one cache manager Venus process.

Actually running multiple venus processes is possible, I used that
several times before we had realm support. We should provide at least 4
cfs devices.

The most likely reason is that the mknod for cfs1 was incorrect, it
should be
    mknod /dev/cfs1 c 67 1

i.e. cfs0 is character device 67:0, cfs1 is 67:1, etc.