Coda File System

Re: vserver+coda

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:14:49 +0200
Hi Hakan,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:39:31AM +0300, Hakan Avci wrote:
> First,I 'm new member of mail list and say hello to all:) briefly I have
> 3 vserver on one machine.Installed coda-server on first vserver and
> installed coda-client other 2 vserver.When I started 2 coda-client,first
> coda-client started but second coda-client returned an error.

first of all, you do not mention what is "vserver", I assume that you mean

"Linux VServer Project
Linux VServer is a means of running arbitrary linux distributions inside a running linux system."

Not being familiar with vserver I do not know how much isolation
between different "servers" it provides.

It looks like you are trying to run several Venus processes on the same host.
Though possible in theory, it is not currently supported nor really meaningful.

If you need to access Coda from several chroot-ed environments,
your best bet might be to bind-mount Coda in the corresponding places,
still running exactly one cache manager Venus process.

Regards,
--
Ivan