Coda File System

Re: Trouble clogging from a remote client

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:47:31 -0400
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:56:33PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Recently I don't use the remote clients much (basically since realms
> came in), and today I tried to clog from one.  This is the first time
> I've tried it.  I was unable to log in with user_at_domain.tld, but with
> user_at_1.2.3.4 I could.
>
> clog (venus?) complained it could not resolve an authserver for the
> domain.tld realm.
>
> Everything else seems fine, including actually accessing files from
> that client.

I'm not entirely sure why, I already noticed that f.i. the -host option
only accepts a fully qualified hostname. I'm actually surprised that
user_at_ip-address passes a usable token to venus. I would have expected
that you would need the more complicated,

    clog -host 1.2.3.4 user_at_domain.tld

I wanted to get a new release out before the end of this week, but I'll
have a quick look for any obvious problems. Could you send me an strace
of the failing clog?

In the long run, I've got some things ready to go that actually change a
lot in clog, au, cpasswd and auth2 to make them work with ipv6. The new
code already fixes the -host fqdn issue, and possibly even this one.