Coda File System

Re: Trouble clogging from a remote client

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:53:34 -0400
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:47:31AM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:56:33PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > Recently I don't use the remote clients much (basically since realms
> > came in), and today I tried to clog from one.  This is the first time
> > I've tried it.  I was unable to log in with user_at_domain.tld, but with
> > user_at_1.2.3.4 I could.
> >
> > clog (venus?) complained it could not resolve an authserver for the
> > domain.tld realm.
> >
> > Everything else seems fine, including actually accessing files from
> > that client.
> I wanted to get a new release out before the end of this week, but I'll
> have a quick look for any obvious problems. Could you send me an strace
> of the failing clog?

I haven't been able to find anything. Clog uses the exact same
GetRealmServers() function to resolve the servers in a realm, so if
venus works just fine, so should clog...

I'm releasing Coda-6.0.2 along with a new rpc2 library, RPC2-1.19. This
version of rpc2 has the IPv6 patches from Rod van Meter merged and as a
result does a lot of things a bit differently.

Once this is out, I will start to merge the userspace IPv6 changes into
CVS. Those changes touch a lot of the areas where this problem might be,
so it is either already fixed, or not worth spending too much time to
get the old code working.