Coda File System

*****SPAM***** Windows 2000 install

From: Arjan Claassen <ac_developer_at_zonnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:04:48 +0100
SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (2.10 hits, 2 required)
SPAM: X_ACCEPT_LANG      (-0.2 points) Found a X-Accept-Language header
SPAM: TO_HAS_SPACES      (1.5 points)  To: address contains spaces
SPAM: SPAM_PHRASE_00_01  (0.8 points)  BODY: Spam phrases score is 00 to 01 (low)
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

During installing the Coda client (Alpha 7 distribution) I had some
problems.

In the manual it states:
3) type "net start coda"
4) type "net start venus"

The first step is went succesfully, but the second step gave the
following error message:

>$ net start venus
>The venus service is starting.
>The venus service could not be started.
>A system error has occurred.
>System error 1067 has occurred.
>The process terminated unexpectedly.

When browsing the WWW I found an article mentioning a work-around:
(http://www.mail-
archive.com/codalist_at_telemann.coda.cs.cmu.edu/msg03455.html)

The work-around was: to copy the cygwin.dll (in a cygwin shell)
from /usr/bin to /usr/local/sbin where venus is located.

When I tried this, I saw that I did not have a cygwin.dll, but a
cygwin1.dll. A simple renaming of the file was sufficient to get the
system running.

Can someone comment on this?

Regards,
Arjan Claassen