Coda File System

Re: worker::main Got a bogus opcode 3

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:33:59 -0400
On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 06:18:58PM +0200, Arnaud ASSAD wrote:

> I've search the list for this problem but couldn't find the answer,
> 18:06:25 worker::main Got a bogus opcode 3
> ls: .: Op?ration non support?e
>
> I find it  also in /usr/coda/etc/console :
> 18:06:25 worker::main Got a bogus opcode 3
>
> and I find nothing related (based on timestamp) in /vice/srv/SrvLog
>
> I've got my token and I'm the coda admin.
>
> If it matters The server and the client are on the same box a linux 2.4.5
> kernel.

What version of Coda are you running? The upcall that it rejects is
CODA_OPEN_BY_FD, which was introduced in the userspace daemon around
the end of August of 2000, i.e. it was already included in Coda 5.3.9.

The Linux kernel started using this 'new' upcall as of 2.4.4, which was
released only a few months ago.