Coda File System

question about megaservers

From: Chris Jantzen <jantzen_at_rulespace.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:05:41 -0700
I followed CODA pretty closely about a year ago before being required
to move on to other approaches / other projects.

Projects have recently arose that would fit well with CODA, except
I don't know what the current state of affairs with so-called
"megaservers" is. (The only FAQ entries referring these issues
is from 98, and the mailing list archives don't seem to touch
this directly, though perhaps I haven't looked hard enough.)

One of the recent ChangeLogs suggested that it's possible to run
in an RVM-less state? Would this allow volume sizes in the
100G-500G range? Failing that, what *are* the most stable /
reasonable volume sizes (and biggest, of course) on a Linux platform
right now?

Thank you very much for your time.

--
chris kb7rnl =->