Coda File System

Re: PAM and Coda

From: Borbely Zoltan <bozo_at_szivarvanynet.hu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:31:43 +0100
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 03:59:13PM +0100, Major A wrote:
> I did not succeed in posting a query to the PAM mailing list, so I am
> writing it to the Coda list instead. Is there any sign of anyone
> writing a PAM module for Coda? I would be interested in having Coda as
> the primary authentication method on a cluster of linux machines, and
> many current linux distributions have PAM support throughout
> (login/sshd/xdm/xlock etc.).

I've developed a tiny pam module for coda, but (currently) it can't be
the primary authentication module. It can get the token if your password
is the same as the primary authentication password. Password changing is
supported also, but the same restrictions applies. root can't change anyone's
coda password :-(

If you're intrested in, you can download from

ftp://ftp.szivarvanynet.hu/pub/linux/pam_coda/pam_coda-0.1.tar.gz

Zoltan BORBELY