Coda File System

Re: More than 1 NIC - Coda Server

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 17 Jun 1999 08:17:37 -0400
I had trouble under a previous version (4.6.5 I think) with a
multi-homed server.  The problem seemed to be that when I did
venus-setup on a client with a non-primary address of the server the
client's venus didn't end up with proper communication with the
server.  I believe the venus's server-bound packets got delivered, but
the reply packets had an ip src addr of the server's primary address,
so they were ignored by the venus.  I'm fuzzy on the details, but
would suggest looking with tcpdump.  (You didn't indicate if you tried
this, which addresses you used in the various venuses, and whether you
got ICMP port unreachables back, or something else.)

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>