Coda File System

Re: More than 1 NIC - Coda Server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:59:56 -0400
On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 04:26:44PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi!
> I just set up a Coda SCM on a (linux) Machine with 3 NICs,
> each in a different subnet. The Problem is, that the Coda Server only
> sets up the Ports for the first NIC. Requests from the other subnets are
> not replied.
> Do I have to run 2 additional Servers on that Machine ? - How do I set
> them up ? (different config files ??)
>
> Thanks
>
> robin

Hi Robin,

It shouldn't do that. Following is the output from 'netstat -a' and as
you can see, the coda server does not bind to any specific address:

udp        0      0 *:codasrv               *:*
udp        0      0 *:codasrv-se            *:*

Compare this to the nameserver which does bind itself to interfaces:

udp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*
udp        0      0 verdi.coda.cs.cm:domain *:*
udp        0      0 *:domain                *:*

So, my guess is that it is a routing/setup issue. But, I don't have any
machines with multiple NIC's/networks here, so I can't tell you what is
wrong or how to fix it, it could be some wrong assumption or bug in the
rpc2 code. Turning rpc2-debug messages up to level 10 will give a _lot_
of information in /vice/srv/SrvErr, which might give clues.

I think the easiest way of increasing the rpc2 debuglevel is attaching
gdb, and changing the corresponding variable:

    # gdb codasrv `pidof codasrv`
    gdb> p RPC2_DebugLevel = 10
    gdb> c