Coda File System

Re: More than 1 NIC - Coda Server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:57:47 -0400
| I had trouble under a previous version (4.6.5 I think) with a
| multi-homed server.
| I believe the venus's server-bound packets got delivered, but
| the reply packets had an ip src addr of the server's primary address,
| so they were ignored by the venus.

Yes, the clients used to talk back to whatever address the server put
in the header of the rpc2 packet. At some point, right before 5.0.0 as
I recall, I made modifications to use the sender-address as returned
by recvfrom, as far as I know this should be the preferred address that
can be used to send replies back to the peer.