Coda File System

Re: Coda diconnected operation

From: Michael D. Ivey <ivey_at_realminfo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:49:43 -0400
On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 05:44:47PM -0400, Peter J. Braam wrote:
> After setting up the server you start auth2, rpc2portmap, updatesrv and
> updateclnt.

Done.  As well as startserver/codasrv.init

> createvol_rep "YOUR ROOTVOLUME NAME" E0000100 /vicepa
> (assuming you chose /vicepa).

Done.

> YOU MUST first authenticate.  That means you need either to install new
> Coda users and do clog before going disconnected, or you install a user
> admin with uid 500 and do

Done.  clog works fine.  I noticed also in my /usr/coda/spool dir that
the files are named:
root@|coda.cml
root@|coda.tar
root@|coda.cml.old
root@|coda.tar.old

cfs ec and cfs rc don't work at all, as they can't seem to cope with the
@| in the file names.

Any other ideas?

/mdi

--
Michael D. Ivey, RHCE  <ivey_at_realminfo.com>
Senior Technical Manager, REALM Information Technologies