Coda File System

Re: jumpstart, mac clients?

From: anthonyj <anthonyj_at_silverchair.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 98 00:19:04 -0000
Just to let you know,

I am working on compiling coda now on MkLinux. It has taken a while to
get the correct kernel source for this distribution, and familiarize
myself with the system, getting the tools, etc.

As you said compiling lwp is where my work has begun. I am assuming that
your reference to social engineering has something to do with coda not so
long ago emerging from its microkernel background, and perhaps code for
this is just 'old'. I have to say that <whine>I have not done any
assembler for many years and when I did it was on an 8088.</whine> But I
think I can figure this out. Is the 'old lwp' available somewhere?

How is the work coming on the NFS port? Can you put me in touch with the
other folks working on it?

Hope all is well,

Anthony

p.s. I have 'ported' most of the documentation to .pdf format (which I
prefer because I never know if I am going to be using a mac or Linux or
winduhs machine) and I would be happy to pass them back to you this way
if you think there is an interest.