Coda File System

Re: 4.6.0 == No Go

From: Ben Woodard <bwoodard_at_cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 15:34:24 -0600
> > Hi Jan!
> >
> > > - What is the rvm data file size you tried to create.
> >
> > I took one of the choices offered by vice-setup; 90M.
> >
> > > - How much physical memory does your system have.
> >
> > The libc-5.4.44 box has 64M of physical memory.
> > The glibc box has 32M of physical memory.
> >
> > > - How much swap memory.
> >
> > The libc5 box has 20M of swap.
> > The glibc box has 60M of swap.
> >

> An in-memory copy is made of the RVM data file. So you initially might like
> to try a smaller rvm size (44M for the libc5 box, 22M for the glibc box).

How much swap do you think I will need for a glibc box to make a RVM
data partition of 315M? I had the same problem, with 48M real mem and
128M virtual mem. I couldn't make a 315M RVM partition but I did ok
with a 130M RVM.

So what happens if you drop below the 4% threshold? I was hoping to
put more than 3GB of disk on a coda server. I was hoping to put
something more on the order of 20GB on a server. (I have lots of disk
but not that many machines). The usage would be generally pretty light
but I need to store lots of stuff.

-ben