Coda File System

Re: ulocoda on OS X 10.6 - any docs?

From: <u-codalist-9wcu_at_aetey.se>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:30:43 +0100
Hi Piotr,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:23:53AM +0100, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> Yesterday I've managed to compile ulocoda sources on 10.6. That
> required some adjustments to the sources from git, but it was
> success at the end.

Nice!

Which sources did you begin from? http://www.gitorious.org/ulocoda ?

> I've installed both coda and userland packages under
> $HOME/.ulocoda
>
> Now I'm stuck while trying to start venus and access any volume
> from my realm.
>
> After start venus complains about missing device file and dies.

I do not run any Mac OS instance and hence do not run ulocoda (but
I'd love to on Linux and *BSD, even despite having kernel modules on
these platforms).

> Is there any kind of documentation for ulocoda available?

I guess it is extremely limited.

> Anything that could help here (i.e. what to start and in what
> order)? Or am I on my own?

No, you are not alone.

I hope the author of Ulocoda will give some advice, otherwise I will be
back with more information.

Regards,
Rune