Coda File System

Trouble installing 6.9.5 on Debian Lenny

From: Jon Foster <jon-lists_at_jfpossibilities.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 23:27:04 -0700
I just installed the coda-server v6.9.5 debian packages for Lenny, with
all of its requirements, by adding your repository to my system. It
failed to finish the configuration phase for coda-update & coda-server,
blowing up with the configuration of coda-update.

I browsed through the init.d/coda-update script and saw that it wanted
"/vice/db/scm", which doesn't exist. I started through the "how-to" and
it said to run "vice-setup". However when I tried to do that it blew
with, "Could not find the server.conf.ex template file."

Apparently nobody has done a "virgin" install of coda-server on a Debian
Lenny system in a while. Can someone tell me what didn't happen and how
to fix it or point me to the correct docs so I can continue to evaluate
this system for a project?

While I'm writing an email: Has CODA been abandoned? So little has been
done to it. Does it just work that well that there is nothing left to
do? In short, what is its status?

TIA - Jon

--
Jon Foster