Coda File System

RE: Coda server crash on file conflict

From: Neil Aggarwal <neil_at_JAMMConsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:18:39 -0500
Jan:

> I sent you a personal reply asking for the
> /vice/srv/SrvErr log which will contain
> the precice backtrace that shows where the
> segfault occurred but I never got a response.

I did not get it.  I run an aggressive spam filter
that must have blocked it.  I added your email
address to my whitelist so that should not happen
again.

I will set up my dev enviroment again and get that
to you.

> A signal 11 is typically a null-ptr dereference,
> it is definitely not normal to see this during
> resolution.

I did not think it was normal.  That is why I
was surprised there was no response to my inquiry.

> I decided to use something else.
> Please do let us know what you decided on and
> how it works out.

I was going to use Unison, but that is not real-time.

I am really hoping to use Coda, maybe we can get
the kinks wored out.

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 5.5 preinstalled