Coda File System

Re: Coda status quo and future

From: Jaap Winius <jwinius_at_umrk.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 03:25:54 +0200
Quoting Zetas <zetas_at_gshellz.org>:

> I dont know if its still maintained or not, but when using the deb
> source on the main website it fails almost every time when
> installing either the server or the client on debian lenny or
> squeeze... So i've had to compile from  source mostly.

I see what you mean. When attempting to browse the ftp server, at
first I couldn't even connect (Argh... FTP needs to die). When
eventually I did, I was pleased to see that the files in the squeeze
directory are mostly dated from March this year -- same as those in
the lenny directory.

Nevertheless, on a minimal lenny system, several attempts to install
the coda-server package failed:

    [...]
    Setting up liblwp2 (2.6) ...
    Setting up liblua5.1-0 (5.1.3-1) ...
    Setting up librpc2-5 (2.10) ...
    Setting up coda-update (6.9.5) ...
    invoke-rc.d: initscript coda-update, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing coda-update (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 6
    Setting up librvm1 (1.17) ...
    Setting up rvm-tools (1.17) ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of coda-server:
     coda-server depends on coda-update; however:
      Package coda-update is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing coda-server (--configure):
     coda-update
     coda-server
    ~# _

The target package and its six dependencies downloaded okay, albeit
slowly, but then something goes wrong with coda-update. Maybe I'll try
again later, but otherwise I'll just follow suite and compile from
source.

Cheers,

Jaap