Coda File System

Recurring conflicts occur when moving new files to CODA

From: <Wolfgang.Liebich_at_siemens-enterprise.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:25:04 +0200
Hi,
I get a very strange behaviour at one client here.
I am running coda 6.9.4 on gentoo linux, with coda layout instead of FHS
layout.

When I move some files into a directory on my coda volume, I get a
local/global conflict (I only have one server for this volume), and
venus.log says

[ W(17) : 0000 : 07:08:39 ] ClientModifyLog::MarkFailedMLE: failed reintegrating: chown <filename>

The "console" log says

07:08:39 Reintegrate: users:liebichw, 2/3 records, result = Permission denied

When I try to do a repair, I get the error message "pathname not
leftmost".

When I call "cfs beginrepair" and then "cfs endrepair", I kill venus.

Last log message in console:

Assertion failed: 0, file "fso1.cc", line 1388

WTF ????
Dazed and confused,
- Wolfgang Liebich