Coda File System

Moderately large storage under Coda

From: Andy Valencia <ajv-eassomeyel_at_vsta.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
--------
Hi,

I've found:

    http://coda.wikidev.net/Limitations

but either I'm not parsing correctly, or it still doesn't answer a
pretty basic question.  Say I have neither particularly large files (all
comfortably below 2GB) nor large directories (say, none with more than
1000 entries).  But I have a large filesystem, currently at ~400GB and I
want room to grow in the future.  Economically, it's quite easy enough
to build a system with a 160GB root disk which can hold the OS and the
server data, and then a pair of 750GB disks to hold the content with a
mirror.

I can't tell if Coda is designed to size onto this efficiently?  As best
I can tell from the manuals, Coda doesn't want any one data set to be
more than 3.3GB (with an RVM data size of 130M)?  It's hard to get
motivated to map onto 227 distinct partitions.  Is there somewhere I
should go read to see if the latest Coda can better fit onto modern
sizes of media?

Thanks,
Andy Valencia