Coda File System

odd conflict?

From: Andrew Kohlsmith <aklists_at_mixdown.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:49:33 -0500
Good evening,

New user of coda, not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

Setup:
192.168.77.4 is coda server (slackware 12, coda 6.9.2 from src)
192.168.77.131 is laptop (coda client, kubuntu, coda 6.9.2 from debian pkg)

.4 is also a coda client to itself, but isn't really used (just for
verification).

Everything was working really well, but I was poking around and noticed that
the laptop hadn't resynchronized to the server from the last time I'd taken
it out of the house.

client$ cfs lv /coda/media.mixdown.ca
  Status of volume 7f000000 (2130706432) named "/"
  Volume type is ReadWrite
  Connection State is Reachable
  Reintegration age: 0 sec, time 0.000 sec
  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
  Current blocks used are 492994
  The partition has 9680028 blocks available out of 10475520
  *** There are pending conflicts in this volume ***
  There are 53 CML entries pending for reintegration (798922 bytes)

Ok fine, I should be able to find the conflicts and work on them.  Using the
wiki, I found that I should be able to find conflicts by looking for broken
links:

$ find /coda/media.mixdown.ca -noleaf -lname '@*'
$

(i.e. no broken links) -- I search for *any* links... none.

Out of sheer curiosity I ran cfs beginrepair /coda/media.mixdown.ca and it
created _localcache and media.mixdown.ca direcotries that I could THEN see
where the local cache differed from the server, but I couldn't do anything
with it.

now, sitting in repair mode, I was able to issue a cfs examineclosure and see
what was happenning, but I am not sure what to do with it, as the repair
utility doesn't like it.  Running cfs preservelocal or forcereintegration
don't do anything useful, either...  This is what the output from
examineclosure looks like:

Store   /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/msnpictures/graemeyallop_at_hotmail-com.png
(length = 17822)
Store   /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/jabberphotos/kiwoneka_at_gmail-com.png
(length = 5798)
Remove  /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/contactlist.xml
Store   /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/msnpictures/niki-romat_at_hotmail-com.png
(length = 18195)
Remove  /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/logs/MSNProtocol/akmixdown_at_hotmail-com/niki-romat_at_hotmail-com.200711.xml
Create  /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/logs/MSNProtocol/akmixdown_at_hotmail-com/karges_at_hotmail-com.200711.xmlGWUUrc.new
Chmod   /coda/media.mixdown.ca/_localcache/kopete/appskopete/logs/MSNProtocol/akmixdown_at_hotmail-com/karges_at_hotmail-com.200711.xmlGWUUrc.new
(mode = 644)

Which is exactly what changed between them...

Any ideas?

-A.