Coda File System

Re: 64-bit Coda status

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:53:56 -0500
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:56:30PM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:15:54PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > With those two bugs fixed I successfully extracted lwp/rpc2/rvm/coda
> > tarballs, configured and built them from a 64-bit client with the volume
> > on a 64-bit server.
>
> Will a 32bit client interoperate with a 64bit server?

Trying it now. Reading is looking good, reintegrating a bunch of
setattrs. Running make clean in the source trees worked. I've started a
full build but that will take a bit longer, since I'm at home and my
uplink is only about 384kbps. It is looking good though, in 5 minutes it
already had lwp/rpc2/rvm built and it is building coda now.
Reintegration is still working on pushing back the makefiles that
configure wrote.

> > If anyone is interested in trying it now, all necessary changes have
> > been pushed from git to cvs. If I don't get too much negative feedback
> > we'll probably roll out Coda-6.9.1 early next week.
>
> This sounds great - I have been without coda for a long time because I
> upgraded my server to an amd64 machine.  I really do miss the nice
> things coda gave me...

I wouldn't have gotten this far without that patch you sent me.