Coda File System

Re: Application-Specific Resolution

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:15:40 -0400
The most important thing for me would be text files.  (Actually the
most important thing would be to fix all the reintegration/conflict
bugs that cause conflicts when none should be happening - but that's
gotten a lot better over the last few years.)

The next most important thing would be to be able to do ASR on the
plaintext of files stored with the ciphertext in CFS.

  The Linux ASR framework has been completed and is working in an
  experimental branch in the git repository.

Do you really mean that this is Linux specific and won't run on BSD?
I think it would be useful to post the design and interface
specification to ASRs.  Does this work change the venus/kernel
interface, or just interact with venus, or just use repair ioctls and
the filesystem?

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com> (Coda user since 1998 or so)