Coda File System

Re: testing Coda on Win XP

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:04:53 +0200
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 01:42:24PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > (probably not a news for the developers) symlinks on Coda do not work.
>
> I'm not sure how cygwin handles symlinks, maybe they try to create or
> parse those .lnk files, in which case Coda might be able to represent
> symlinks as files with an .lnk extension.

They do, in fact when you try to create a symlink on Coda,
the client hangs, but I believe it creates a *.lnk file, which it can not
though properly use afterwards (probably it fails before setting the right
contents?). Anyway, it would be great to translate between *.lnk
and symlinks on Coda.

Regards,
--
Ivan