Coda File System

Re: Creating a replicated volume

From: Gabriel Wicke <lists_at_wikidev.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:09:38 +0200
On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 08:15 -0600, Patrick Walsh wrote:
> > Which documentation do you follow?
> > The only more or less up to date pieces are on
> >  http://coda.wikidev.net/Main_Page?oldid=788
> >
> > you have to look at older versions of other pages as well because
> > of wiki vandalism (imho that wiki should be password-protected and accounts
> > granted after human-to-human interaction, not such a big deal for a handful
> > of contributors...)
>
> 	Wow, I had no idea there had been vandalism on these pages.  That's a
> lot of hard work documenting stuff being thrown away.
>
> 	Gabriel, can you password protect the Wiki for us and revert the
> vandalized pages to their last-good versions?

You can revert pages by going to the last-good version in the history,
opening it (so it's displayed in the content area), clicking 'edit' and
clicking 'save'. For sysops it's even quicker by going to the user's
contribution page and clicking on the revert links. I've done this for
a few pages already, but it's likely i didn't catch all.
http://coda.wikidev.net/Special:Contributions?target=69.31.131.178 has
a list of all edits from the most prolific IP.

I've disabled anonymous posting on the wiki which usually reduces the
amount of vandalism.

Kind regards
--
Gabriel Wicke
MediaWiki hosting, support and development