Coda File System

Stability issues

From: Florian Schaefer <listbox_at_netego.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:47:51 +0200
Hi folks,

I'm having some serious stability problems here for some weeks now.
"Stability problems" means that I'm forced to "venus -init" my clients
several times a day. I hope that you can help me.

I have two machines (fedora and debian) running a venus 6.0.11 and a coda
server (redhat) with 6.0.11, too.

The symptom is that venus will become a zombie at some point and cannot
be gotten to restart other than with a -init. This happens on both
clients. Therefore I thinks that my volume may be corrupted in some way.

I attached four log files from my fedora machine:
- "console" and "venus.log.bz2" are the files with the initial crash (I
had to bzip the venus.log as it's rather lengthy)
- "console2" and "venus.log2" contain the logging output after a venus
restart without "-init".

I'm sorry, that I cannot serve some back-trace information, but the
binaries don't contain debug information.

Is there a cure for this illness?

Ciao
Florian

  • application/x-unknown attachment: console
  • application/x-unknown attachment: console2