Coda File System

Re: Authentication failed

From: Daniel Savard <dsavard_at_cids.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 07:21:08 -0400
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 Linux/debians with 2.6.8 kernel version.
> I have installed a coda server on one and a client on the other.I have a
> mojor problem of authentication.
> Indeed, i try to connect to the server with the command:
> /*
> clog "codaadmin"*/      <== name given to the coda Administrator.
>
> /*username : codaadmin_at_192.168.120.210
> password :
>
> Invalid login   (RPC2_NOBINDING (F))

Check if the server is running and accepting connections. On the
server, /vice/srv/SrvLog, you should have a message saying the server is
up and running.

> */What password have i to give?
> Where and when  is set ?
> Where can i change it?

Accounts are created with pdbtool and passwords are changed with
cpasswd, however I am speaking from doc I read, since I never setup the
default Coda authentication system, I implemented directly with Kerberos
5. With Kerberos 5, I still have to create an account with pdbtool, but
the password doesn't matter since it is looking for Kerberos for that
purpose.