Coda File System

Re: Adding a replicating server

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:29:12 -0600
> I think that if you do not specify the logsize it will just turn
> resolution back on with whatever logsize the volume had when it was
> initially created.

	That's definitely better.

> > 	If I understand correctly, flushing the cache can cause bad things to
> > happen if you have writes that haven't been committed.  Would this be
> > considered a safe process for flushing a volume:
>
> Uncommitted writes and resizing is something that I don't really want to
> think about just yet and right now is probably asking for trouble. There
> isn't a way to completely flush a volume with pending operations (or if

	Doh.

> The only thing needed now is to make the server inform the client that
> it should recheck the volume information so that connected clients can
> discover the new replica.

	That would be cool.

	So I put up a new wiki page with the process I used.  Feel free
(anyone) to edit it and correct any mistakes or remove any extraneous
steps.

http://coda.wikidev.net/Dynamically_add_replicated_server

	Thanks for the help.  Soon it will be time to really put coda to the
test... (enough of this setup stuff already!)

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated