Coda File System

Re: Adding a replicating server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:48:15 -0400
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:29:43PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> Ok, looking at the source, clearly this will never work since it only
> picks up changes when the volume name <> volume id mapping changes.
> However the create does look smart enough to simply update an existing
> volume, I'll see if I can get it to follow that code-path.

It doesn't yet automatically pick up the changes when things change on
the servers, but...

    $ cfs whereis testvolume
      VIVALDI.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU  MAHLER.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU
    $ cfs checkvolumes
    $ cfs whereis testvolume
      VIVALDI.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU  MAHLER.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU MOZART.CODA.CS.CMU.EDU

And in the venus error log (/usr/coda/etc/console or /var/log/coda/venus.err),

    14:40:28 VSG change for volume e:test [2] 0 -> 51ede148