Coda File System

Re: Improving Coda documentation

From: Alastair Johnson <alastair_at_solutiontrax.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:35:13 +0100
Dear All,

As a coda newbie who started experimenting last week I would say Ivan's take
is spot on. A HowTo needs to cover what to do, why, and what not to do.
Important conceptual differences need to be explained at this stage as some
steps will be confusing if the underlying differences aren't explained.

I have been keeping a record of what I've been doing, with the intention of
producing a HowTo of some sort so others can avoid some of the traps I've
fallen into. Patrick seems to have similar intentions (thanks for the rtf doc
btw) and has been asking many of the questions I would have been asking. I
will gladly contribute in whatever way seems useful.

While searching the list archive I found an anouncement of a wiki at
http://coda.wikidev.net which seems to have gone unused. Perhaps this would
be a good place to start on some colaborative documentation.

Thanks for all the good work

Al