Coda File System

Re: increasing realms found and other client weirdness

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:16:02 +0100
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:59:00AM -0300, Gabriel B. wrote:
> the weird part is that a "ls /coda/server" showed me "dir1", but if i

So, is your realm named "server" ?
Or is it "camboinha.servers"? Or something?

> typed "cd /coda/server<tab><tab>" it showed me a list of about 10 dirs
> that should be there.
> if i cd into another dir than dir1, then it gives a "time out" error,
> but gives the error instantaneously.

A typescript (cut-n-paste) would be of more help than the description.

What does "cfs lv <path>" say?

> then, i restarted venus thinking it's some kind of cache. and started it again.
> Well, i have only realm. one SCM, one line in /etc/coda/realms.

What does that line say?

The way Venus counts realms may look strange sometimes, but you should not
be concerned with that too much, I think. Venus has its internal idea
of the realms it is aware of (say, including a virtual one internally used).

--
Ivan