Coda File System

Re: Kernel version mismatch

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:10:15 -0500
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:59:06PM -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
> I am trying to use davfs2-0.2.3 on a Debian Sarge Linux system and am
> having problems. The error I get is:
>
> CODA kernel version mismatch (compiled for version 3, version 2
> available)

Between kernel 2.4 and 2.6 the kernel protocol changed in an
incompatible way. It looks like your davfs2 daemon is expecting the new
version 3 protocol, but the default 2.4 kernel has version 2.

You could either rebuild davfs2 for the old kernel protocol, or upgrade
to a 2.6 linux kernel, or compile a newer Coda kernel module from the
sources in the following package,

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/linux/kernel/linux-coda-6.0.0.tgz