Coda File System

Kernel version mismatch

From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki_at_progeny.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:59:06 -0500
I am trying to use davfs2-0.2.3 on a Debian Sarge Linux system and am
having problems. The error I get is:

CODA kernel version mismatch (compiled for version 3, version 2
available)

I am not sure of how to get version 2 on my system, whether it can
cohabitate with version 3 which seems to be on my system now, etc.

I am running kernel 2.4.27-1-686 which I originally downloaded as a
kernel image. I saw in the docs for davfs where I needed to have the
kernel source, so I then downloaded the kernel source for kernel
2.4.27-1-686. I was able to get davfs to compile after satisfying some
dependencies, but when I try to mount a dav server, I get the above
message. Do I need to downgrade the kernel to get it to work? Is this
the correct list for this question?

Vicki