Coda File System

Re: coda server and client on the same machine

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:02:10 +0100
Hello Thomas.

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 09:35:41PM +0100, ?li?s Tam?s wrote:
> Hy all... Is it possible to run a server-only SCM?

Sure.

> Or I need to run a
> client, if I want to be able to modify the files in the actual coda
> cell?

Yes, you need a client to modify files in Coda. It does not matter
which machine it is on. It can be run on server machines as well - though
for some technical reasons it is less efficient than on a separate machine.

You may want to separate servers and clients for administrative reasons
as well.

Regards,
--
Ivan