Coda File System

Exploring replication..

From: Nuno Tavares <nunotavares_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 17:10:15 +0100
Hello!

I think I got it to work. But, boy, documentation is pretty confusing,
for a first start. I'll post some notes I've taken, especially
language problems (ambiguities). But for now..

..I'm stuck in chapter 4.8:

>On the SCM add the following:
>Your server needs a server number, to be added to the /vice/db/servers file ON THE SCM.
>Make two new entries in the /vice/db/VSGDB file. One for your new server by itself, one of the form: E0000104 scm-server second-server.

In which /vice/db/VSGDB ? Both? halix1? halix2?

I thought it was /vice/db/VSGDB_at_halix1, so it now looks like this:
E0000100 halix1
E0000101 halix2
E0000104 halix1 halix2

What about halix2's? Leave it empty?

>Start updatesrv and updateclnt on the second server.
>Start codasrv on the second server
>Make a new volume from the SCM using createvol_rep giving the address of the volume as E0000104.

In which server??
Command is:
createvol_rep coda:root E0000104 /vicepa
right?

If I issue the command in halix2 (second server):
# createvol_rep coda:root E0000104 /vicepb
This must be run from the scm (halix1)

If I issue the command in halix1 (SCM):
# createvol_rep coda:root E0000104 /vicepb
V_BindToServer: binding to host halix1.estv.ipv.pt
Volume coda:root already exists in /vice/db/VRList

>Mount the volume as above.

This should be:
# cfs makemount /vicepa coda:root
right?