Coda File System

Re: coda man pages

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih_at_eunetnorge.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:20:49 +0200
Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> So it is not just the text that gets outdated real fast, the tools to
> convert it into printable format seem to have a short lifespan as well.

As long as documents are SGML-based, at least they're convertible.
Tools exist to convert from LinuxDoc to DocBook, and I'm rather sure
the DocBook DTD, and suitable related tools for presentation format
generation, will be around for a while.

So, the documentation should probably be attacked like this:

- What's in DocBook 3.1 should be cleaned up, normalized and debugged
  until it validates cleanly and formats well with current tools.

- Man pages should be converted, as Greg says in another posting, to
  traditional '*roff -man' format.

- What's then left in LinuxDoc should be converted to DocBook, then
  handled as described above for the DocBook 3.1 material.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901