Coda File System

Re: A couple of Coda questions

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:53:38 +0200
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:26:54PM +0200, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se> writes:
>
> > So you would begin with allocating a DNS SRV record for your realm.
>
> As simple as this, then?

I do not dare teaching how to set up DNS - but as the result
you want SRV records for codasrv (2432) and codaauth2 (370) UDP ports,
pointing to your corresponding Coda fileservers and Coda authentication
servers, usually the same hosts.

> ...and then a line
>
>    realm="coda.dom.ain"
>
> in each client's venus.conf file?

No, you do not need to configure your clients as "realm belongings".
They do not belong to a realm, they can access any Coda realm in the world
simultaneously - they find the corresponding servers via DNS records.
The option above is going to be mostly ignored, though being harmless.

Regards,
--
Ivan