Coda File System

Re: New clog

From: Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig_at_zt-consulting.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:04:24 +0200

> The fact that Venus does leak those numbers is very confusing as e.g. "ls"
> interprets them like uid and makes the system administrator believe
> that they should/could synchronise Coda internal identities numbers
> with the client systems ones... Pitiable. It is not possible by definition,
> not by someone's mistake or bad will.
Would there be a way to - at least - improve those things: I just thought
about the following thing (tell me if that is stupid or not feasible at
all...):
- store the unix uid when running clog
- set the uid of files to that uid later

Then, at least, the output of `ls` would make some sense...

I still have another very different question: Will the new clog still allow
login using tokens stored in some file for working in disconnected mode? If
so, would it be possible to extend the pam_kcoda module to use locally stored
tokens, if in disconnected mode (maybe some option %h/coda_token to tell the
module to look for the file coda_token in the user's home)?

Does `hoard` allow adding entire directories to the cache? If so, are newly
created files in within these directories cached too?

Thanks for your answers,
Michael