Coda File System

Re: Broken link when using realms - cant access server

From: <paul.rogers_at_mowlem.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:16:37 +0100
Jan wrote:

> Maybe it is getting to be the time to try to figure things out with
> tcpdump.

>    tcpdump -n -p -w codatraffic.dump port codasrv

> And then try to access /coda/...

Jan

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the delay in replying, I\'ve been on holiday :-)

I\'ve tried tcpdump on both the server and client as follows:

1) Execute tcpdump -n -p -w codatraffic.dump port codasrv on both server and client

2) Execute

[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 etc]# ls -l /coda/edm_bfhxx_wb005.edm.mowlem.com
lrw-r--r--    1 root     nfsnobod       33 Apr 21 08:42 /coda/edm_bfhxx_wb005.edm.mowlem.com -> #@edm_bfhxx_wb005.edm.mowlem.com
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 etc]# cd /coda/edm_bfhxx_wb005.edm.mowlem.com
bash: cd: /coda/edm_bfhxx_wb005.edm.mowlem.com: No such file or directory
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 etc]#

on client.

3) Output from client

[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 root]# tcpdump -n -p -w codatraffic.dump port codasrv
tcpdump: listening on basp0

0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 root]# more codatraffic.dump
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_fp002 root]#

4) Output from server

[root_at_edm_bfhxx_wb005 root]# tcpdump -n -p -w codatraffic.dump port codasrv
tcpdump: listening on eth0

0 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_wb005 root]# more codatraffic.dump
[root_at_edm_bfhxx_wb005 root]#

It appears not much is happening at all.  Any suggestions?

I also tried ports 370, 2430, 2432 and 2433 on the client with no result.

I hope that I understood your instructions about accessing the /coda/ ... directory correctly.  If not my apologies.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.