Coda File System

Re: Coda for Linux/Windows hot-failover?

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:27:01 +0200
Hello Mike,

> Having a separate nfs/cifs share for files over 2GB, though rare will be
> troublesome for some of my users.  In fact, it is that rarity that may
> make it worse since the user will not be used to dealing with that
> problem.  At least with OpenAFS I know some future version will have LFS
> support, but I have no clue if/when that support will be in Coda.

do not expect large file support in Coda in the near future.
First of all, you probably do not want one :)
Coda caches whole files. It takes at least ~4 minutes to open() a 2G file
for the first time, given a fast client, a fast server and full badwidth
of a 100Mb LAN.

> o I do not see anything in the lists about the current status of
> Coda/WinNT/2k/XP. :(

Cannot tell you anything, have not tried. Probably at beta.

Cheers,
--
Ivan