Coda File System

Re: Roaming portables and Coda

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih_at_eunetnorge.no>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:28:27 +0200
Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> I have both 100Base-T in the office, and wireless with a dynamic (dhcp
> assigned) IP. At home I use either the wireless with a static IP (going
> through a masquerading firewall, or use a direct ppp dialup link with
> a 56k modem pccard. And all this address/port switching happens in real
> life and fairly often, several times times a day I switch between wired
> and wireless, _without ever restarting venus_.

Greg Troxel has been helping me look into why my laptop with NetBSD
won't do this right.  No solution yet, but, for what it's worth, it
seems that venus keeps trying to send UDP packets from the same IP
address, and on the same interface it used when it first connected to
the server.  If the machine has been moved or reconfigured, so that
the original address is no longer present on any interface, venus
cannot send, and the "sendto" syscall returns to venus with an error
status indicating this.  I'll be trying to figure out where that
address and interface binding is lurking, which may, of course, be in
a NetBSD bug, since I'm running -current from CVS there, too.

"Further bulletins as events warrant."  :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901