Coda File System

Re: Disconnected startup (kind of still is Re: Hoarding files with spaces in the name)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:41:51 -0500
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:47:16PM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> directories.  The debian/rules file in coda is not executable coming out
> of CVS.  The moment I changed it to be executable, dpkg-buildpackage
> worked fine.

I tend to use debuild, which probably makes it executable first. I'll
see if I can fix up the bits on the copy in CVS.

> Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> | I couldn't find an answer after searching the Coda website and Google.
> | Whenever I attempt to hoard files with spaces in their names (i.e.,
> | OpenOffice.org 1.1, .mozilla/default/.../Mail/Local Folders, etc.), I
> | get a parse error from the hoard command for each file that is listed
> | with a space in the name.  It doesn't tell me anything more, just 'parse
> | error: <the line contents of my hoard file>'.

Not sure, but I guess hoard simply doesn't parse the file right. As far
as I remember, hoard reads the file and tries to split it out into an
argv[] like format itself, so it doesn't notice the escaped spaces. But
you could recursively hoard the parent directory if it doesn't have
spaces in the name,

    a .mozilla/default/.../Mail 500:d+

(the :d+ tells hoard to grab all descendants, i.e. recursively fetch
everything under that directory).