Coda File System

optimization suggestion

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:03:52 -0500
I downloaded (on a well-connected machine) a file to a dir in coda,
named cfs.pdf.
I looked at it on a poorly-connected client (long wait, worked ok).

On the fast client, I did 'mkdir FS; mv cfs.pdf FS'.
The slow client got an invalidation callback.

I then did 'cd FS; md5 *'.  The client fetched cfs.pdf anew.
It would be really nice if it could have kept the bits and associated
them with the new file, either by SHA1 hash or an explicit tracking of
the move.

Actually, I would have expected this to work, since there is no reason
for the fid  to have changed.  Or does the move change the VV or
storeid?