Coda File System

Re: Version Skew with kernel!

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:53:06 -0500
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:35:06AM -0500, John Barrett wrote:
> It means your kernel module is likely 5.X and you are running the 6.X
> client/server code
>
> redhat and current kernel.org kernels have the 5.x driver module

Actually, 2.6.0-test5 and newer kernels default have the newer 6.x code.
There is a CODA_FS_OLD_API config option that reverts back to the old
stuff. I'll probably send a patch to Marcello for the 2.4 kernels at
some point.

> your choices: upgrade your kernel module (recommended) or downgrade your
> client/server daemons

Only clients are affected, in fact 5.3.20 and 6.0.0 servers are pretty
close to identical because I didn't want to break everything at the
same time and the client-server protocol didn't need any changes.