Coda File System

cfs checkservers gives unexpected results

From: <josef.schwarz_at_bt.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:34:22 -0000
Hello there,

I have one client running and no servers.
However, when I do a "cfs checkservers", I get a:
Contacting servers .....
All servers up

I thought that it might have something to do with caching, so I restarted venus with the -init flag which didn't help either.

I need to find out (automated in a Perl script) if the scm (only server) is already up and running, and the easiest way to do so seemed to start a client and parse the output of "cfs checkservers".
Maybe I can do it more straight-forward?

An additional question:
Is it necessary to have a client running when doing a "cfs checkservers"? When starting it without a client I get:
Contacting servers .....
VIOCCKSERV: No such file or directory

version: coda-client-6.0.2-1.i386.rpm

Thanks guys for your advice, it's really always very helpful.
Josef

--
Josef Schwarz
BT Exaxt

tel: +44(0)1473 606172
mob: +44(0)7792 605408

pp 13 MLBG, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RE, UK