Coda File System

Re: Tokens, realms, browsing, hoarding: what's going on here?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:42:37 +0900

    Jan> There must be something else wrong because that pretty much
    Jan> always worked AFAIK.

OK, I'll try again when I come in tomorrow.

Is there anything in venus.err, venus.log, or codacon (isn't that the
same as venus.err? there was a rumor last week that codacon gives more
details) I should look for?

Hm ... something else could be server side, right?  And ... oops!?!
For some reason /vice/db/scm and /vice/db/servers both have the FQDN,
but /vice/db/VSGDB has only the hostname.

Is it safe to just edit that file?  What do I need to do to get that
information propagated to the client?  Restart the server?  Reinit the
client?  (If you tell me I need to reinit the server, well, I'm
planning on starting over from scratch in the medium term anyway, but
it will take a couple weeks before I have time.)

BTW, is it safe to remove /vice/db/vicetab?  ISTR that has been unused
since the late 5.3.1x releases, but as long as I'm here, I'll ask.