Coda File System

Re: spontaneous local/global conflict, and how things got worse

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:46:14 +0930
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:33:30PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Matthias> What is going on here - did I do something wrong or is
>     Matthias> that a bug?
>
> I'm doing the same thing (keeping a CVS checkout in Coda), and seeing
> similar errors (see the "CVS updates take down the client" thread).

cvs is notorious for creating a log of directories and then deleting
them.  One thing, do both you have your connection set to strong?
i.e. do a "cfs strong" before you try the check out.

I must admit that I am not up-to-date with coda nor my netbsd-current
but I have not experienced the problems you guys are having and I do
do cvs checkouts on my coda volume.

--
Brett Lymn